Startseite Forums idx general support Word indexing

Ansicht von 2 Beiträgen - 1 bis 2 (von insgesamt 2)
  • Autor
    Teilnehmer

I’ve done several small, single file Word indexes with IDX and more InDesign one – both with single idml files and where there were lots joined as a Book.

My next Word index is multi-authored and I have been offered Chapters as separate files (with advantage some may be available before others) or as a single complete file. I’m assuming but would welcome confirmation, that multi files work well for IDX but would appreciate your thoughts.

What if some chapters then get changed? For example, assume I start indexing the following word files:
    Chapter 1 V2
    Chapter 2 V3
    Chapter 3 V3

And then Chapter 2 gets revised and I am sent
    Chapter 2 V4

Do I change the name of the Word file to
    Chapter 2 V3
    (which might be confusing since it is Version 4) or do I create a new work file / change the IDX file to
    Chapter 2 V4

Thanks in advance for any advice
    Jan

indexmanager

you can choose for yourself, both are possible. In this case I would recommend to change the name of the idx file, so that the document name is preserved and the authors and editors do not get confused. Idx then creates a new project each time. The advantage of this is that you can work with new folders (and date) accordingly. Hope this helps with the decision.

Ansicht von 2 Beiträgen - 1 bis 2 (von insgesamt 2)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.