Startseite Forums idx general support Italicized entries

Schlagwörter: 

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    Teilnehmer

I see information about italicizing pagination, but nothing about how to italicize an entry. If a title is italicized in the text and I create an entry for that, will the italics carry over?
    Diana Witt

indexmanager

Word allows italics and bold for the index entries. Both formatting success in idx via the index actions. For the first setup of the index actions go to menu extras-> index actions. Click in the dialog on the default button and then ok. Some frequently used functions appear in the list, including the ability to italicize or bold a main entry. Close the dialog. You apply the functions by selecting the corresponding entry(s) in the index list-> right mouse button opens a dropdown list with all index actions performed by clicking or use the shortcut.
    These functions in the index action window can easily be extended, for example, if you want to italize a subentry instead of a main entry, add a new function, take over the search and replace expression and all other columns and only change the column to which the function should be applied.
    When creating a new index function don’t forget the ok button below.

indmore
    Teilnehmer

Additional information:

Actions can only be used to format entire fields. Would you like, e. g., to italicize or bold a character within a field, it is best to do the following.

italics:
    1. Click in front of the character and enter <i>.
    2. Click behind the character and enter </i>.
    3. Select the „Update“ button.

bold:
    1. Click in front of the character and enter <b>.
    2. Click behind the character and enter </b>.
    3. Select the „Update“ button.

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.