Startseite Forums idx general support Cross references to entries with forced sort order

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor
    Teilnehmer

When I try to create a cross reference to an entry with a forced sort (e.g. The Hobbit;Hobbit), the exported index entry displays the semicolon and following text. If I try to get round this by not including the sorting information Index-Manager rejects the cross-reference because the target does not exactly match the entry.

Is there a solution to this problem? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Wendy

indexmanager

You work in an Indesign document? The forced sorting with ; is a work around in Index-Manager especially for InDesign, so, that you can handle the forced sorting for Word and InDesign in the same way. With InDesign-Documents Index-Manager will always display the ;form.
    When you export/embeds the entries in InDesign, the ;form will disappear and InDesign displays the entries in the correct form. I made screenshots, which I will send you directly.

Wendy Baskett
    Teilnehmer

I’m working in Word, not InDesign.

indexmanager

Yes, I see the problem now, thank you. We have to change it.

Janice Rayment
    Teilnehmer

It would be good it that is changed and thank you to Wendy for highlighting the issue.
    It did prompt me to think about these cross-references (that get deleted) when there is no target. I try to remember to always look before closing the programme but it’s easy to forget.

If it is an easy development, it would be lovely to have a warning message when you close to say that there are some cross-references that will get deleted. Then the window/warning could give the option to cancel and make an amendment or to close anyway.

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.