Startseite Forums idx general support status coding colours

Schlagwörter: , ,

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    Teilnehmer

What does the E (Entry) part of the status code refer to, and what does it mean when it is red?

I have just moved an entry that was flagged red-green-red because it had become anchored in the wrong place (after creating a fresh work file and loading a new version of my manuscript file). I have re-anchored it in the correct place and updated the entry. The status is now red-green-green and I am puzzled as to why the E is still red and what it means.

indexmanager

ESW stands for Entry, Section, and Word anchor. In your case idx could not find a corresponding matching term, and the neighboring words of the old position no longer matched. With the new anchoring the position is correct, the term has still not been found. But it does not have to be, if not only keywords from the text were used. If the entry is correct, just leave it, it will disappear the next time you open or export it.
    Color Coding
    E:
    Green – matching entry found
    Red – no matching entry found
    S:
    Green – section found
    Red – section not found
    W Top:
    Green – both anchor words were found
    Orange – one anchor word not found
    Red – neither anchor word found
    W Bottom:
    Green – word position unchanged
    Orange – word position in relation to beginning of section changed by up to 10 words
    Red – word position in relation to beginning of section changed by more than 10 words

Wendy Baskett
    Teilnehmer

Thank you, that’s great!

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.