Startseite Forums idx general support page ranges and anchors

Schlagwörter: ,

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    Teilnehmer

I seem unable to create a page range? Do I need to use the anchor? This is not mentioned either in the manual or the tutorial as being necessary. But I have tried following the instructions for creating a page range both in the tutorial and the manual, and I am unable to get the page range field to display, either in the index screen or the index preview screen. I find the instructions about when to use the anchor confusing. Should I click on it before creating any entry?

Diana Witt

indexmanager

Page ranges in word are defined by marking a word in the text as start point and marking a word in the text as end point. This information is later converted into page numbers in the final index. This is done in the same way in IDX. in the index input field determine the index entry and if necessary via the anchor button the position for the entry in the text. Before the entry is created, additionally a start and an end position for the page range can be determined. To do this, click on the opening parenthesis next to „Page range“ -> double-click on a word in the text as starting point, a green parenthesis appears in front of the word. The closing parenthesis is activated as soon as the start point is selected. Define the endpoint by double-clicking and close the entry by creating entry.
    In the index window, right-click in the header of the table. In the dropdown menu select the additional column page range to view the information.

indmore
    Teilnehmer

Have seen this thread only now.

Maybe the description of my approach can help with additional clarification. I always set page ranges as follows:

1. Create an entry as usual.
    2. Double-click this entry.
    3. Select the range start button.
    4. Double-click on the first word of the desired range; important: the first word is not the entry itself, but any word in its environment (before or behind it). Now, before this word, an opening square bracket appears as a sign that the range begins here.
    5. Go to the end of the range and mark a word here (by double-clicking). Automatically, behind this word, a closing square bracket appears as the end-of-range character.
    6. Select the „Update“ button. Now the view of the square brackets disappears, but they are still there. If you double click on the entry, they come to the fore.

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.