Index Manager: An Overview
In her article, Pilar Wyman provides an overview of Index Manager’s many functionalities and her first experiences with the indexing software – and she tells of her acquaintance with Index Manager’s developers, Dr. Katharina Munk and Johannes Munk.
Pilar Wyman, Keywords – Journal of the American Society for indexing ASI, Vol. 28 No. 3 Fall 2020.
Download Article Index Managers: An Overview (PDF).
Mulvany, Nancy C.: Indexing Books. The University of Chicago Press. Second edition. 2005
Bosschieter, Pierke: The Indexer, Volume 34, Number 3, September 2016, pp. 119-121(3), Index-Manager reviewed:
Pierke Bosschieter has been putting a German embedded indexing program, Index-Manager, through its paces. She is impressed with the results.
Franz, Susanne: Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten mit Word 2013. Vierfarben Verlag, in German language.
The book “Scientific work with Word 2013” has so far only been published in German. In a separate chapter “Scientific registers with the Index-Manager” explains Ms. Franz the most important functions of the Index-Manager, such as import, create entries, register systematically, edit individual entries, edit the register and create cross-references.
“While Word certainly provides sufficient basic functions for creating a register, you will notice at the latest when editing an extensive register that you often have to proceed very awkwardly …” – Susanne Franz
Greulich, Walter: Indexing mit Word, 2020, tredition Verlag, in German language.
The book has 344 pages and describes all interesting topics around indexing with Word. Addressed are
- Professional indexers who are looking for an overview of indexing with Word or a detailed description of specific procedures and techniques,
- People who (such as proofreaders, editors, and producers) use Word professionally and want to accomplish the task of creating an index as effectively as possible,
- typesetters and layout artists who are interested in background information on the further processing of Word indexes,
- authors who would like to know what to look out for when creating indexes in general and when indexing with Word in particular, as well as
- Readers who want to create an index with Word for the first time, for example when writing a seminar paper or thesis.
The retail price of the book is 24.90 EUR. It can be ordered from the publisher or from bookstores.