Online Trainings – Index-Manager Basic
Online Training – Index-Manager Advanced
Intuitive design makes Index-Manager easy to learn.
One-off users benefit just as well as professional indexers.
Index-Manager will free you from the mundane aspects of indexing, and allow you to devote more time to important content-focused tasks.
Your advantages at a glance
- Index entries are embedded in the manuscript and are thus also available for changes and digital products.
- Thanks to numerous indexing and editing functions, you can work faster and more efficiently than ever before!
- The created index entries are collated live in a preview to form a keyword index – we call it the “WISYWIG-Index”. You can see your entries, the sub-levels, cross-references in single or multi-column layout – and changes in the index are simultaneously transferred to the database.
- The Index-Manager ensures the smooth and complete transfer of index entries between different file formats (InDesign, Word, XML). You are in control and tedious post-processing is eliminated!
- In the Index-Manager, you edit over a hundred files simultaneously with a view of the preview of the entire index. Correct and standardize directly in the register preview!
- Parallel team work on the data enables even very extensive projects. This way you are the decisive step ahead!
- The innovative word list functions allow systematic indexing. You have the overview, the register becomes better and more complete!
- The flexible interface supports a wide variety of workflows. Integrate the author’s knowledge and other preliminary work!
Create new index entries. Choose words or phrases by double-clicking or enter them manually.
Customized short cut keys can ensure you work quickly.
Innovative word list functions allow for systematic indexing and support the choice of terms: powerful filter options enable display according to paragraph and character formats, XML tags, or your own word lists.
One click is all you need to generate hundreds of potential index entries in a uniform way at all occurrences in every loaded file. Streamline production of name indexes with one click!
Preview the index in a multi-column view any time – no time-consuming setup necessary.
The cross reference editor displays and manages synonyms comfortably as “source” and “target” entries. The software will warn you if an entry doesn’t match. To determine freely reference types for your cross references just type directly in the cross refence box.
Make a correction once in the index preview and that correction will carried out throughout all the corresponding entries in the loaded files.
Easily export the Index as a text file at any time, e.g. for proofreading.
All indexing work is logged in a separate file until export.
When you’re ready, one click inserts index entries into the document files to be read and used by the source program and which you can then use for
all future products and editions, print or digital.
Index-Manager ensures problem-free transfer of index entries between different file formats (InDesign, Word, XML). You are in control – no need for any exhausting post-editing!
This separate logging allows other tasks – like copyediting and proofreading – to be accomplished in parallel. Working parallel on the data enables you to publish earlier and always be one step ahead.